All Oasis Academies and Hubs in the UK are paired with our Oasis partners around the world and, where possible, we try to ensure that all Academies in a similar area are partnered with the same country or countries so that they can develop these partnerships together. We call these relationships Oasis Global Partnerships.
Oasis has partners across four continents. Here at Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue we are partnered with Oasis South Africa.
The purpose of Oasis Global Partnerships is to:
- Learn from one another
- Promote global citizenship and build peace and understanding across communities
- Create relevant global learning opportunities
- Share our expertise, skills, and resources and build capacity
- Support one another in practical ways to achieve local goals
- Improve the long term sustainability of our work around the world
- Empower people in all of the communities we work with to be included, make a contribution and reach their full God-given potential.
These partnerships can help us to bring relevant global learning experiences into our classrooms and help our staff and students become caring, responsible global citizens.
As part of our global learning in school we have been awarded our second Fairtrade award and we are now a Fair Active school.
This means that as a school we make sure that a range of the products we supply to children, adults and visitors are Fair Trade.
- Key Stage 1 fruit
- Key Stage 2 fruit on the trolley
- Tea and coffee in the staff room
- Tea and coffee at school events
- Tea and coffee provided for visitors.
- Fairtrade chocolate raffles.
Each year the school global group run a Fairtrade café in Fair trade fortnight to promote why you should but Fairtrade products and raise money for our Oasis Partner school.