Welcome to Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue. We are a busy and friendly Academy, with lots going on. This website has been designed to give you some idea of what we do at Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue, the curriculum we teach and of some of the things our children have learned with us. It will provide regular updated information for both parents and pupils.
Our motto is 'Happily Achieving Primary Success' and our aim is to help our children achieve this through:
- Providing high quality learning experiences where children of all abilities are given opportunities to achieve genuine success in all curriculum areas
- Developing mutual respect and tolerance
- Ensuring that our school is a friendly, caring, safe and supportive environment
- Encouraging understanding of and respect for religions and other cultures
- Providing a range of experiences, both in and out of school, that will encourage their hopes and aspirations for a bright future
At Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue our aim is to grow confident children who aren’t afraid to take risks, make mistakes and who have dreams and hopes that take them beyond their day-to-day lives. We will give children ownership of their learning by placing the emphasis on what our children need, involving them in deciding what they want to learn and the very best way they feel they can learn it through a varied diet of learning and social experiences.
Our priority is to improve our children’s basic skills in English, Maths and ICT, to enable them to take their places as socially responsible and contributing adults of the future.
Our responsibility is to encourage each child to look beyond their immediate environment and experience, to open their eyes to new possibilities, to broaden their horizons and to take full advantage of the opportunities open to them.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the Academy directly with any queries you may have.
We look forward to working with you to help your children develop and grow into happy and confident learners and to create a centre of excellence within the community in order to improve the educational experiences and opportunities for local children.
Mrs Cath Lloyd, Principal